Thursday 23 May 2013

Seafood Pies and a mouse ....

Hi there ... How are you today?

I've had a busy week ......  but I'm so proud of myself .... today I finished crocheting a mouse for Madalyn and made seafood pies for the first time ever.  Both were loved by my gorgeous girl.

 Isn't he a cutie!  I would love to do jointed arms and legs .... will have to work out how to do it.

 Here are the seafood pies!  I just layered some filo pastry in muffin tins and baked that in the oven first.  While the pastry was cooking I cooked some leek and garlic, then made a white sauce .... simmered the fish and prawns in that then at last minute added cheese and fresh parsley.  Oh!  I almost forgot ... I also cubed some sweet potato and cooked that in the microwave and stirred that through at the last minute.  Spooned it into the pastry cases and done!  So simple and so delicious!  I sued frozen prawns and white fish ..... but next time I think I will use some smoked salmon .... mmmmmm yum.

I hope you enjoyed your day and your evening meal.

Until next time ... happy crafting, baking and enjoy life.

xoxoxox Carly

11 comments:

  1. That little mouse is adorable and I'm sure your little loves it :) The food looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita ... the pie is delicious :)
      I have since improved my little mouse making .... they just seem to be getting cuter.
      Thank you for your lovely comments.

      Delete
  2. Oh that food looks yummy and what an adorable little mouse its gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little mouse!!! Carly, you are beyond talented! I really believe there is nothing you can't do! The meal looks delicious! I don't know how you do all that you do. You need to bottle all that talent and energy...you could make a fortune! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley .. you make me blush.

      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little mouse, he is just too cute!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I have been making more .. and they just seem to get cuter.

      Delete
  6. Can you teach me how to make that mouse? Just finishing up a crochet hat :) Hey - did you get an email from me? It was a prize winning email :) Maybe it went into your spam though. It was for the Dynamo Washing Liquid. (And by the way I didn't know you had a blog, otherwise I'd have been over to comment way earlier!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh saw your hat! lovely! I made my little one some crochet hats .. just made up the pattern ... LOL .. so they are not great but she loves them.

      I ended up seeing that email!!! thank you :)

      Will organise to share the pattern with you.
      xox

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment