Thursday 10 May 2012

Whimsy Stamps - Make It Pop

Up in the air I fly ... zoom zoom a zoom a zoom zoom .....
Hmmm you can tell what I spend most of my day doing ... yep ... looking after a toddler.  Lots of singing, dancing, food, crying, running around and mess.

But the evenings ... well they are for me .... aaahhhh craft (unless I'm working my part time job) .... so last night I created a cute little card for a cute little girl's Birthday that is coming up.

Over at the Whimsy Inspiration Challenges Blog this week our them is

Make It Pop 
(add dimension)

Well I have done both ... I have added dimension and coloured something that would pop ... a balloon!  How cute is this little mouse from the new release over at Whimsy Stamps!

This little cutie is called Free Ride and you can find it here.

 It was very hard to get a good photo for you ... our days here at the moment are dreary and wet.  I coloured the cute little critter in copic markers.  The balloon is also coloured in copics and then I went over the top with Ranger Glossy Accents.  The image is mounted onto the card using a double sided foam mount.

I embossed the top part of the card using a gorgeous embossing folder from Crafts-Too ... To me it looks like feathers ... and then I went over the top of the raised image with a Faber Castell glitter glue pen.

The edges down the bottom are cut using some Spellbinders dies and then I added some lovely purple rhinestones to give a bit more bling and colour.

If you head on over to the Whimsy Challenge Blog you will see some fabulous projects from the DT .... and of course you can enter your own project and possibly win yourself a wonderful prize!

Thankyou so much for stopping by ...

Up up and away ........

xoxox Carly

I would like to enter this card into the Clearly iStamp Challenge #51 - What Goes Up Must Come Down.

3 comments:

  1. Carly I love how you went over the raised image with the glitter pen. That little floating mouse is adorable! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Carly, you really have made that little mouse and his balloon pop (lol not literally) Love the purples too.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment