Thursday 2 February 2012

Whimsy Stamps & my first paper piecing!

Its February!!!!  Wow can't believe January has gone already!  But the great thing about a new month ......

NEW DIGIS OVER AT WHIMSY STAMPS!!!

So exciting!  and don't forget there will be a BLOG HOP!  woo hooo!!!! so get hopping on that one.  You can check it all out on the Whimsy Blog.

Here is one of the new images ... it's called Bunny Doll.  I really love this cute bunny .. it is such a versatile stamp.  But today I have kept it basic .... but I did try something NEW! (for me anyway) ... I paper pieced him!!!

I have never paper pieced before .. didn't even really know what it was ... my silly brain always read it as paper piercing .. as in holes ... and wondered why I couldn't see the holes LOL!  hmmmmm thats what you get for crafting at night when you are tired he he he ... well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.


I printed out the image twice ... and I used a texture block inked with some light brown ink and stamped all over the first image .. then did the same but in pink on the second image.  Cut the pink out and stuck it on the brown... wow!  so easy!  My mind is going wild with the possibilities ... printing onto patterned paper ... glittery paper.... oooohhh exciting!  But I'm sure you already new how to do it!  

I have stuck a little flower over the original flower as the card needed a little more depth.  The middle square (under the doily) is raised on double sided foam tape ... 
The paper is from Kiasercraft Cabbage Patch collection - Spring Greens and I have used some black pearls from my stash.
The doily is a Marraine Design Craftables Rectangle Doily (CR1202)

Thankyou so much for stopping by ...... don't forget to check out the blog hop and of course the new digi stamps ... oh yeah and have you seen the new rubber ones??  ooooohhhhh!

xoxoxo Carly

4 comments:

  1. So cute! Carly, I had to laugh when I read about your "paper piercing"! LOL
    You did such a great job on your pieces. They meet together seamlessly. Great Job!
    Thanks for the smile!
    Hugs,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he he .. thanks Shirley .... I'm so excited about this concept though ... can't wait to try it again.

      Thankyou for your lovely comments.

      xoxox Carly

      Delete
  2. So cute is your image and a great card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute Carly & I like the little 'gem'!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment