Friday 4 November 2011

Jingle Bells Jingle Bells

Jingle all the way ........

Good evening :)  I hope you have had a splendid day.  I had a lovely day today .... my DH had a day off and we took the little one to the park in the morning and then for a McDonalds lunch.  Tried to put her down for a nap when we got home but she wasn't interested in sleeping but she did happily play in her cot for 45 minutes which gave me the chance to colour this little beauty.

Yeah I know .. you just saw this image in a previous post of mine (Crafting For All Seasons DT challenge post) but it is such a cute one and so easy to colour.  You can find it at Meljen's store the image is called Caroling Snowmen.  I love colouring Meljen's images as they are so cute and really quick to colour.

I coloured the image in the following Copic Markers:-
R27, G07, C00 and R20 .... yep that's it!

 The base card is a shimmery red (doesn't really show up in the photo unfortunately)
I cut the image out using my spellbinders nestability things ..... wow don't know how I ever did without these! I need more!!!!!  I then used a bigger one to do the frame in silver and then embossed it through the cuttlebug.

Now for the special touches ..... icestickles on the hat and the 'snow' .... I love icestickles for a bit of bling.
And then for something totally different Brads!  Some pink ones for the cheeks, metallic ones for the buttons and pom poms on the hats, a lovely red star for the snowman in front and then some silver stars in the background.  I think it looks TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

I decided not to add anything else to this card .... I love it just the way it is.

And something else I love .....................
My gorgeous girl, Madalyn, taken today at the park ..... she is such a cutie!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Meljen's Challenge #83 - Brads (I think it qualifies ha ha ha ha ha)
Crafty Purple Frog Challenges - #27 Sparkle
Crimbo Crackers - #1 Anything Goes Christmas
Delightful Challenges - A Very Sparkly Christmas
Digi Doodle Shop Challenge - #81 A Wintery Theme
The Paper Shelter - #38 Christmas Fun
Outlawz - Clean And Simple (have to be a member)
Scrapbooking Allsorts - Monthly Challenge 

wow that's a lot of challenges .... but I'm really proud of this one and thought I would show it off :)

Big hugs for stopping by ....... I'm off now to order some re-inkers for my Copics!!  Been colouring so much they are running out.  I'm off to shop at my local store Scrapbooking Allsorts and earn myself some of those copic reward tokens!

See you again tomorrow :)
xoxoxoxo Carly

11 comments:

  1. Fab card Carly but your girl stole the show she is adorable, xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card. I love the brads for the rosy cheeks - such a great idea. Your daughter is gorgeous.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card for the holiday season. Love the red background and their cute cheeks. Thanks for joining the challenge at the Digi Doodle Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww - don't know what is cutier - the card or the little one!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, just love their pink cheeks. Thanks so much for joining us at DDSC this week.
    Good luck in the drawing.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Carly....and more beautiful little girl! :0)
    Love the brads for cheeks, and all that bling! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love that image and rosy cheek brads, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, this is so cute! I love how you used the brads for their rosy cheeks.

    Thank you for joining our USE BRADS challenge at Meljen's Designs.


    ~Cheryl~
    ** Check out my blog candy **

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carly, I love what you did with brads. So clever and you also made me giggle. Frame is beautiful and it is so true, how did we manage before dies and cutting machines??? :)

    Thanks for joining this week's Digi Doodle Shop Challenge #81 Winter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carly. what an ingenious way to use those brads! Very nice touch on the frame to emboss it too. I know what you mean about needing more Spellbinder dies. :0) I don't know how I made a card without dies before! Awww...Madalyn is so adorable! Hope your having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty Christmas card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment