Saturday 24 September 2011

Thought I would use some glimmer and magic ......

A really quick post tonight as it's already 10.30pm and I haven't even uploaded my photos yet .... arrrggghhh!

I have used the gorgeous Tiddly Inks Unicorn and Sentiment and coloured her in Copic Markers:-
Mane - BV000
Body - G000 and then V000 over the top to give a mottled effect
Horn - Y00

For the background I stamped a lace stamp from Kaisercraft in Perfect Medium ink and then rubbed over the top with Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks.  I'm quite happy with the result .... what do you think?


 I have created this card for the latest challenge over at Tiddly Inks .... it has been a two week challenge ... and believe me I have really struggled with it.  The challenge was Art Journaling ... and I had no idea what that even was.  I have tried about 5 different things and none of them were to my liking and I had decided to give up ... I just didn't think I really liked the kind of style ... and then I thought about my Unicorn whom had yet to be coloured ...... and this is what evolved.  Finally something I like.

This little book is my Copic Colouring ideas book where I write my colour combos etc. and it is always right next to me on my desk.  It seems fitting that I absolutely adore Unicorns (ever since I saw that movie The Last Unicorn as a child) and my markers ... so they go well together :)

Anyway I'm waffling .... gotta go ..... must get some sleep as my little one has been getting up at 6am lately!

Oh but talking about Tiddly Inks ..... when you head over to the challenge blog (click on my header) you will see that I was a lucky winner !!!!!!  I'm so excited ..... more Tiddly Inks stamps for me ...yipppeeeeeeee!!!!

Ok I'm really going now ... night night.

xoxoxox Carly

6 comments:

  1. Isn't art journaling difficult??? You did a fantastic job though - love the use of the doily! Love the Tiddly unicorn too!!! Congrats too for your win at Tiddly Inks!!! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks again this week!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun, believe me, I think a lot of us struggled but oh my goodness you totally can't tell from this beautifl page. I love that you used the unicorn and those doily stamps look gorgeous under the rainbow.
    Thankyou for joining us over on Tiddly Inks this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous page. I love the stamped doily, I don't have a actually doily stamp, but now you have inspired me to use a paper doily and to brush over it with ink to get the negative. Thanks for that.

    You did a wonderful job on yours the colours are so perfect for a unicorn page. Congrats on your win too, love all the sparkle that you used on your Wizardress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This turned out great! I agree, this challenge was a real struggle for me, too ;D So glad you found your mojo! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely project with us this week at Tiddly Inks ;D Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I really love the stamp you have used for the background! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really gorgeous! The background stamp is so pretty. Thanks for joining us.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment