Saturday 17 September 2011

Oh no not orange!

Yippe made it back ... got to type quickly as its past my bedtime ... am trying to stop crafting a little earlier so that I wind down before bed (I have trouble getting to sleep .. thinking about colours, images etc) but it doesn't seem to be working as I'm still up and its after 10pm.

I worked really hard in the garden today and my body is sore and scratched from all the old rose bushes I pulled out.  I was lucky enough to have my Mum come and help me and between the two of us (of course Madalyn .. aged 2 ... helped as well ... well I'm sure she meant it as helping ha ha ha) we got all the roses out and the weeds removed.  Now I just have to prepare it for planting some nice native plants.  But anyway I digress ... you don't want to hear about gardening ... you want to hear about cardmaking.

So here is my card.........................

 I have used an orange base card and then attached a black piece of cardstock that I embossed through the Cuttlebug using a Cog folder.


 I then attached some stripey scrapbooking paper from my stash and then repeated the colours for under the image.


Here is a close up of this Mini Frankenstein  from Make It Crafty.  I have coloured him in the following Copics:-
YG91, 93, 95 - skin
YR31, YR23 & Y38 - hair
YR04 - t-shirt
E40, 41, 43 - jacket
C1, 3, 5, 7 - black areas

I would like to enter this not so scary little guy into the following challenges:-
Make It Crafty - #35 Black & Orange
4 Crafty Chicks - #55 Embossing

Thankyou for stopping by and I hope you have had some fun creating something today ... or perhaps doing a bit of gardening :)

See you again soon
xoxoxo Carly

6 comments:

  1. Cute card!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Carly, just love that image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Carly, I like the image.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored this cute image and oh the embossing is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your fabby creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for playing our embossing challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment