Monday 8 August 2011

Tickled Pink Challenge #31 - Feather or Feathers

Good evening :)  I hope the day has treated you well.

Do you think I could find a feather?  No .... a trip to the local craft shop ... plenty of flowers, butterflies, glittery stuff gorgeous papers and lots of other things I would have liked but NO FEATHERS!

Now I do have some Feather stamps .. but I just couldn't get the look I wanted .... arrggghhh so I thought I would give this challenge a miss ... but then I remembered we have two chooks in our back yard.

here chookie chook chook .... come here and I'll give you a little pat ....aaahhh isn't that nice ... SQWAAAAACK ... oh don't be so sad chookie I only took one.  Nah only joking :)  We do have two chooks but I found this laying in our back yard so NO ANIMAL WAS HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS CARD ha ha ha

Well enough waffling on .... I used the very sweet Lil Kellita stamp from Tickled Pink and coloured her with the following copics:-
Top and Head Scarf - V12, 15, 17
Pants - E71, 77
Eyes - G21 & YG06
Bird - B23,24 & Y15, 17
Hair - C1, 3, 5, 7 and E49
Lips & Eyelids R20
Skin E000, 00 02

My trick with the hair is to colour with the Cs then go over the dark areas with E49 then back over the brown with C7 ... turns out black!  Don't know if this is how most people colour black hair but it has worked for me so I'm very pleased.

I used a lovely embossing folder for around the 'frame' and added a touch of colour and at the base of the tree is my chooks feather.  It kind of looks like a frond or a small feathery tree which I like.

 The feather is so lovely and fine that its a little hard to see ... I love the shadow it casts.

Here is a close up of Lil Kellita ... isn't she sweet.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:-
Tickled Pink Challenge #31 - Feather
Copic Oz - It's All About The Hair

Thanks for visiting :)








3 comments:

  1. Oh how perfectly CAS and LOVELY!! Great coloring and very well executed. Thanks for playing along at TPSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute Carly! I too love how the feather leaves that awesome shadow. Great coloring- I'm going to have to try that trick with E49 the next time I do black hair...thanks so much for joining us at TPSC this week :)
    xx Katie- Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! That feather is so delicate and is perfect on your CAS card! Your blog post made me laugh too so a thoroughly enjoyable visit all around! Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan ~ Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a lovely comment